WAZO Z1075 Live Free On Z Contest Rules 2014
RULES & REGULATION
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting/Capitol Broadcasting Company and 2 Men and a Truck, The Reserve at Forest Hills, Ultra Tan, Food Lion, Pepsi, Pat’s Tire and Auto Service Center, Buck Wild, Coastal Carolina Car Wash, Furniture Fair and Fitness Squad(“Sponsors”), are the sponsors of this Live Free On Z Contest (“Contest”).
2. HOW TO ENTER & BECOME A QUALIFIER: The Contest entry period begins on 4/07/14 and ends on 6/7/14 (“Contest Period”). All times in these rules refer to Eastern Time.
There are three methods to become a Qualifier:
Method 1: Participants must listen to WAZO (Z1075) each weekday from 9am to 10pm during the Contest Period for an opportunity to call for a chance to become a Qualifier for the Contest. At least once each weekday, a series of 5 songs identified on the air as a “freeloader 5 pack” will be the cue to call at the end of the 5th song in a row. The 7th person to call after the 5th song starts playing will be given an opportunity to identify all 5 songs with title and artist. If the 7th person can correctly do so, he/she, if eligible, will become a Qualifier for the Contest. There will be up to 93 Qualifiers selected through this method. Qualifiers must pick up an invitation and present it at check in on the day of the Giveaway Event for a chance to win.
Method 2: All eligible participants are also able to enter during the Contest Period through a registration box at The Reserve at Forest Hills, during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, Saturday 10am to 4pm, and Sunday 1pm to 5pm, at 361 Darlington Avenue, Wilmington NC. On or about May 23, 2014, 7 people will be randomly selected as Qualifiers from among all the eligible entrants through the registration box at The Reserve at Forest Hills. Sponsors will attempt to notify Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event. Qualifiers must pick up an invitation and present it at check in on the day of the Giveaway Event for a chance to win.
Method 3: All eligible participants may also enter during the Contest Period by filling out an online entry form on the radio station’s website at http://www.z1075.com. On or about May 23, 2014, 7 people will be randomly selected as Qualifiers from among all eligible entrants on the website. Sponsors will attempt to notify Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event. Qualifiers must pick up an invitation and present it at check in on the day of the Giveaway Event for a chance to win.
A maximum of 107 Qualifiers will be selected. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and ineligible and will not be accepted. The qualification entry period for the cue to call method ends after the last cue to call is aired on May 23, 2014. The qualification entry period for all other methods ends at 5:00 pm on May 23, 2014. Participants may enter through the registration box and on the website as often as desired but may not become a Qualifier through any method more than one time. Entrants entering by phone will be charged standard phone call rates for calls according to the terms and conditions in their calling plan. Wireless services are not available in all areas.
3. HOW TO WIN: All eligible Qualifiers will be offered an opportunity to attend the Live Free On Z giveaway event on 6/7/14 at The Reserve at Forest Hills in Wilmington, North Carolina (“Giveaway Event”). To be eligible to win, Qualifiers must pick up an invitation to the Giveaway Event at the WAZO studios located at 25 N. Kerr Avenue no later than 5:00 pm on 5/6/14. Sponsors will attempt to contact Qualifiers prior to the Giveaway Event to remind them that they have to pick up an invitation, that they must have the invitation to check in at the event, and of the time and location of the Giveaway Event. The Giveaway Event will be held rain or shine, in the sole discretion of WAZO. WAZO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, postpone, delay, or reschedule the Giveaway Event, in whole or in part, for weather-related reasons or for any other condition that so merits for reasons relating to health or safety, in WAZO’s sole discretion. WAZO’s decision to cancel, postpone, delay, reschedule, or continue the Giveaway Event is discretionary and final. Qualifiers must be present to win. Stand-ins are not permitted. Qualifiers must sign in at The Reserve at Forest Hills starting at 12 noon and be signed in no later than 1:00pm on 6/7/14. There will be registration slips made out in the name of each eligible Qualifier; when each Qualifier checks in, his/her registration slip will be placed into the raffle box. The Giveaway Event is expected to begin at around 1:00pm but may be delayed due to weather or other conditions. All Qualifiers that have signed in on time will have their names placed in a receptacle from which a reverse raffle will be conducted to “eliminate” all but 10 Qualifiers. During the reverse raffle, Sponsors will randomly draw registration slips from the raffle box, and if your name is called, you are eliminated from the giveaway and cannot win. After the reverse raffle, each of the remaining 10 Qualifiers will be given a key. The person with the key that opens the apartment will be the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner must submit to and pass a mandatory background/credit check to be conducted by The Reserve at Forest Hills in order to win the 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment prize described below. If the Grand Prize Winner does not pass the background/credit check, as judged in the sole discretion of The Reserve at Forest Hills, or refuses the background/credit check, then the Grand Prize Winner forfeits the 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment prize but wins all the other prizes.
4. ODDS: Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the cue to call method (Method 1) depend on the number of listeners participating and the order in which calls are received. Due to the time delay that exists between WAZO’s over-the-air signal and WAZO’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the WAZO online signal may hear the “sounder” later than listeners listening to the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener becoming a Qualifier may be diminished.
Odds of becoming a Qualifier through the registration box (Method 2) or website (Method 3) depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Odds of a Qualifier winning the Grand Prize depend on the order in which Qualifiers are randomly selected in the reverse raffle and on the ability of Qualifiers to attend the Giveaway Event.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be offered the following prizes:
Prizes must be redeemed within 12 months of receipt unless otherwise specified above. All charges, fees and costs not specifically included in the prize description, including but not limited to personal incidental items, taxes, souvenirs, tips, and delivery, are the responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prizes. Winner may not exchange prizes or redeem them for cash. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., assume no liability or responsibility in connection with the use of any prize awarded hereunder nor in connection with any warranty or representation therewith. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event that any scheduled prize becomes unavailable.
6. PRIZE REDEMPTION/CLAIM/RELEASES: Some prizes will be available at the event location on the day of Giveaway Event. Prizes not at the event (i.e., prizes for which a certificate is given) will be available at the WAZO studios (25 North Kerr Avenue, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405) during normal business hours after June 7, 2014. Prizes that are not picked up by July 7, 2014 will remain the property of or revert to WAZO. For some prizes, WAZO may need to notify the winner that a prize is available to be claimed at the studios. If such a prize is not claimed within 30 days of notification, it will be forfeited and will remain the property of or revert to WAZO. Only the actual winner will be able to claim prizes. Winner may be required to execute a prize acknowledgement and release form, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release when claiming prize. Prize winner will be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the prizes. Prizes may be considered income and taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Compliance with all regulations is the responsibility of the winner. Winner, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., their sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any contest-related or prize-related activity, including participation in the Live Free on Z Contest. Except where prohibited, by playing the Contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. the right to publicize their name, photograph or likeness, voice and biographical details without compensation or opportunity for review, and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
7. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to participate, you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the U.S. and North Carolina. Employees of Sponsors, their agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, sponsors, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers, and advertising, promotional agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Employees of any media outlet and members of their families are not eligible to participate. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if the contest rules are not followed. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this contest, or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to its members. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. The Grand Prize Winner must submit to and pass a mandatory background/credit check to be conducted by The Reserve at Forest Hills in order to win the 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment prize described above. Whether or not the Grand Prize Winner passes the background/credit check is to be judged in the sole discretion of The Reserve at Forest Hills.
8. LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for problems associated with communications hardware or software, television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, wireless or wired systems, handsets, or networks, Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for any technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during any aspect of the contest or which may interfere with a participant's ability to login, participate, call, text, register or submit an entry by any approved method, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God that are beyond the control of Sponsors. SPONSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY. Sponsors are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. WINNER, QUALIFIERS, AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SPONSORS AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THE LIVE FREE ON Z, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY.
Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or interfere with any entry method, online service or website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest will disqualify the individual responsible and is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the full extent permitted by law.
All decisions are made by the management of WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. and are final.
9. RULES AND WINNER’S LIST: Official rules available at http://www.z1075.com and at the WAZO studios, 25 North Kerr Avenue, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405. Official rules supersede all other published editions. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. reserve the right to change the rules at any time to ensure full and complete disclosure of all rules and restrictions and to ensure the fair administration of the contest and compliance with applicable laws. For winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Live Free On Z Contest Rules, WAZO, 25 North Kerr Avenue, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405 by 8/1/14.