H.E.W. Enterprises dba Ashley Furniture
Crack the Code Contest
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Crack the Code Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is open only to legal U.S. and North Carolina residents who reside or work within Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover and Pender counties and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable. Employees of H.E.W. Enterprises dba Ashley Furniture, WAZO, WILT, WKXB, WMFD, WRMR, Sunrise Broadcasting or Capitol Broadcasting Company, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Giveaway or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed.
3. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Official Rules and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The contest entry period begins on October 1, 2013 at 6:00am and ends when a contestant opens the safe (or cracks the code).
There is one method to qualify. There are no limits on the numbers of eligible qualifiers per family, but only one member per household may attempt to crack the code per day.
Method 1: All eligible participants may drop by Ashley Furniture 5309 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC 28412. One eligible participant per household may attempt to “crack the code” once per day. Attempts to crack the code are available during regular business hours at the above Ashley Furniture location only.
There is no maximum on the amount of eligible participants.
4. HOW TO WIN: The safe used in the giveaway will have a code consisting of three two digit numbers. Ashley Furniture will post clues on its facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AshleyHomestoreWilmington on Tuesdays by 9:00a.m. Eastern Time.
On Tuesdays beginning October 1, 2013, one digit of the potential 6 digits in the code will be posted. The posting will occur before 9a.m. On Tuesday November 5, the 6th and final digit in the code will have been posted. Then on Tuesday November 12 the first of the three two-digit combos in the code will be named, on Tuesday November 19 the second of the two-digit combos in the code will be named, and if a winner has not yet cracked the code on Tuesday November 26 the third set of two-digit combos in the code will be named. The first person to crack the code which opens the safe will be the winner. At any point in the contest Ashley Furniture staff may institute order on the number of contestants present to crack the code.
To operate the safe, Rotate dial to ‘0’, then rotate right (clockwise) passing ‘0’ three times, continue rotating until you reach the first number in your combination. Rotate dial to the left (counterclockwise). Go PAST the second number of your combination ONCE and stop the SECOND time the dial reaches the number. Rotate the dial to the right (clockwise), stop when you reach the third number in your combination. Rotate the handle downward to open the door.
5. Qualifiers must be present to win.
The winner may be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsors any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release and/or where legally permissible, a publicity release prior to receipt of prize. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of such winner and forfeiture of the prize.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsors to use, publish, reproduce and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, Internet, television, radio, and offline), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
6. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be offered the following prize.
· $5,000 gift card to Ashley Furniture redeemable at the above name Ashley furniture store and at the Ashley furniture Outlet 6629 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28405.
No prize substitutions by winner. Prize is non-transferable by winners. If for reasons that are beyond the control of Ashley Furniture, the prize is not available for fulfillment as laid out above, Ashley Furniture reserves the right to offer the Grand Prize winner a prize of equal prize value to the prize listed above. To claim prize, winners must, within thirty (30) days of winning, visit the Ashley Furniture Store 5309 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC 28412. To claim prize, winner may be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to Sponsors in its sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsors if the prize, or any component thereof, is unavailable for any reason. Grand Prize winner will have 90 days from winning the prize to redeem the prize. Failure to claim prize by deadline may result in forfeiture of prize.
7. ODDS: Odds of cracking the code at any particular time during the contest are equal and random for each eligible participant.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNER AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event selected Winner of the Prize is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if such selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternate Winner (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes and a 1099 will be issued. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner.
9. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Giveaway, the Sponsors reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Giveaway Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website; and (iii) are not responsible for any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Giveaway. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.z1075.com, www.1045sunnyfm.com, www.jammin999fm.com, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Ashley Furniture 5309 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC, 28412. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law. For a list of the Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 30, 2013 to Ashley Furniture Crack the Code Giveaway 5309 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC 28412.
· Ashley Furniture, 5309 Carolina Beach Road, and 6629 Market Street, Wilmington, NC.