WAZO Z1075 Z Beach Party at Independence Mall
Contest Rules 2014
RULES & REGULATION
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state, and local regulations govern this contest. WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting/Capitol Broadcasting Company and Reeds Jewelers, Star News Media (“Sponsors”), are the sponsors of this Z Beach Party at Independence Mall Contest (“Contest”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Z Beach Party at Independence Mall 2014 Giveaway Event (“Giveaway Event”) is open only to legal U.S. and North Carolina residents who reside or work within the Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Onslow, and Pender counties and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable. Employees of Z1075 WAZO, Sunrise Broadcasting or Capitol Broadcasting Company and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Giveaway or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry information must be complete and accurate. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed.
3. HOW TO ENTER & BECOME A QUALIFIER: By entering you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. The Contest entry period begins on 6/09/14 and ends on 6/25/14 (“Contest Period”). All times in these rules refer to Eastern Time.
There are three methods to become a Qualifier:
Method 1: The on-air qualifying period for WAZO (Z1075) begins on 6/09/14 and ends on 6/15/14. Participants must listen to WAZO (Z1075) each weekday from 6am to 7pm; Saturday from 10am – 6pm; and Sunday from 10am – 6pm for an opportunity to call and obtain a pair of tickets to the event. There will be up to 50 qualifiers selected through this method. Qualifiers must pick up their tickets at the offices of Sunrise Broadcasting and present them on the day of the Event for entry into the Z Beach Party at Independence Mall.
Method 2: Participants are able to enter during the Contest Period by texting “Indy” at 22411. Through this method, 50 qualifiers will be selected at random out of all the existing and new text club members and will receive a pair of tickets to the event. Winners must pick up their tickets Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm at the mall office and present them on the day of the Event for entry into the Z Beach Party at Independence Mall.
Method 3: Participants are able to enter by presenting a receipt or a combination of receipts totaling $225 or more to the mall office, Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm. Through this method, the first 100 people (one per family) will receive a pair of tickets on the spot when they present accepted receipt(s) to staff in the mall office then present their tickets on the day of the Event for entry into the Z Beach Party at Independence Mall.
A maximum of 200 Qualifiers will be selected. The qualification period for the cue to call method ends after the last cue to call is aired on June 15, 2014. The qualification period for the texting method ends at 5:00 pm on June 20, 2014. The qualification period for the receipt method ends at 5pm on June 25, 2014. Participants entering by text will be charged standard phone call rates for texts according to the terms and conditions in their calling plan. Wireless services are not available in all areas.
4. HOW TO WIN: All eligible ticket holders will be offered an opportunity to attend the Z Beach Party at Independence Mall giveaway event on June 26, 2014, from 5-7pm at Independence Mall in Wilmington, North Carolina (“Giveaway Event”). At the event, numerous prizes will be awarded to those present through random drawings.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning prizes depends on number of qualifiers in attendance at the event and the outcome of random drawings.
6. PRIZES: A variety of prizes will be available for qualifiers to win.
7. PRIZE REDEMPTION/CLAIM/RELEASES: Prizes will be available at the event location on the day of Giveaway Event. Winners may be required to execute a prize acknowledgement and release form, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release when claiming prize. A prize winner may be required to provide his/her social security number for tax purposes. Winners are responsible for all taxes associated with the prizes. Prizes may be considered income and taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Compliance with all regulations is the responsibility of the winner. Winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc., their sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any contest-related or prize-related activity, including participation in the Z Beach Party at Independence Mall Contest. Except where prohibited, by playing the Contest, or by winning, participants have awarded WAZO/Sunrise Broadcasting LLC/Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. the right to publicize their name, photograph or likeness, voice and biographical details without compensation or opportunity for review, and have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the Prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the Winner’s receipt of the Prize. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event selected Winner(s) of the Prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize or, if such selected Winner fails to timely claim the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may select an alternate Winner (time permitting), or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, Winner(s) must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with Prizes are the responsibility of the Winner(s).
9. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the Giveaway, the Sponsors reserve the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Giveaway Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation or transmission of, communications line failure relating to, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion any communications system, on the Internet or at any website; and (iii) are not responsible for any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Giveaway. SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSORS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.z1075.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Z1075 Beach Party at Independence Mall 2014 Rules, 25 North Kerr Ave, Wilmington, NC 28405. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law.
11. SPONSORS: WAZO Z1075 / Sunrise Broadcasting 25 North Kerr Ave., Wilmington, NC 28405. Independence Mall 3500 Oleander Drive, Wilmington, NC 28403. Reeds Jewelers 3500 Oleander Dr., Unit E-4, Wilmington, NC 28403. Star News 1003 S. 17th St. Wilmington, NC 28401.